Monday, November 30, 2009

The WYC (Windsor Yacht Club) Fishing Tourny

Hey guys, I'm here to talk about another of my experiences in fishing tournaments. This time it was at the Windsor Yacht Club. I was 12 at the time and I was all in the sport by now. Their were alot of people at this tourny and I was affraid that it would be hard to win. In total their were about 40 anglers. Me and my grandpa signed into the tourny and started to fish right away since we had a limited time to do so. I used a Pickeral rig, used to catch Pickeral, Perch, Bass, Sheepshead. The kind of bait I used was worms. So I started to fish and about 30 minutes into it i caught a Pike, it wasn't the biggest fish but I took it in anyways just incase. They mesured the fish by length in this tournement. It was about 10 inches, a baby Pike. It was about 11:30am and I was getting a little impatient because I only caught one fish and it ended at 12:00. But all of a sudden I caught a 23 inch Sheepshead. I was in AW when i saw it. I thought this could be the winner. At about 11:58am someone caught a 25 inch Catfish, I lost it their because I thought I would win, luckely they were to late to mesure it. At the end of the day, I won the tournament with a 23 inch Sheepshead. I got the trophy and got a picture taken for the Windsor Star. It was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment